PLEASE GOD PUT STAN LEE ON SUPERNATURAL
MARVEL/SPN CROSSOVER PLEASE
No but seriously we NEED Stan Lee on Supernatural. Someone get on this!
I took my little brother (who falls on the autism spectrum) to see Guardians of the Galaxy and after this scene he lit up like a Christmas tree and screamed “He’s like me! He can’t do metaphors!” And for the rest of the film my brother stared at Drax in a state of rapture.
So for the last 6 days I have heard my brother repeatedly quote all of the Drax lines from the movie verbatim (one of his talents), begin studying vocabulary test words, and tell everyone he knows that people with autism can also be superheroes.
Now I am not saying that Drax the Destroyer is, or was ever, intended to be autistic. All I am saying is that it warmed my heart to see my brother have an opportunity to identify himself with a character known for his strength, badassness, and honor. And that is pretty damn awesome.
So while I adored Guardians of the Galaxy as a great fun loving film with cool characters I can do nothing but thank Marvel Studios and Dave Bautista for finally bringing a superhero to the screen that my little brother can relate to.
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
I’ve been living on my own for almost 4 years now and I have like 50 tabs open.
Bless the person who put together this post, it ought to be made into a pamphlet for everyone in highschool/college.
I foresee myself relying on this heavily in the weeks to come.
2014 was one of those years that started out like “THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!” and its halfway through and we have a war going on, a deadly disease has been spread, countless shootings have happened, racism is alive, more people have been leaving living things inside of hot cars, and robin williams is fucking dead
That’s true, but you know what else is true?
Over 60 girls and women captured in Nigeria have escaped. We are so much closer to curing HIV and AIDS. Uganda has decriminalized homosexuality (which was punishable by death). Two US states have legalized gay marriage this year (making it 19 states with marriage equality in total), and 12 have struck down their bans and are awaiting approval. We’re fighting racism and sexism as hard as ever, and more and more representation is available for us in the media. More young people are becoming aware of the great injustice in this world. This war is gonna end soon. An 8-year-old girl has become the first to beat brain cancer. Robin Williams is dead, but he left nothing but laughter and happiness and truth as his legacy. More and more soldiers are coming home to their families. More children are going to go college this year than ever, and that rate is only ever increasing. More girls in the Middle East are going to school, and standing up for their rights, thanks to Malala. Young girls are inventing more and more things that are fucking revolutionizing our world, from everywhere- even in places you don’t expect them to come from.
Today, millions of people will have babies, and kiss the loves of their lives, and get married, and hold hands, and sing in the shower, and have sex, and read books, and laugh (billions of people will laugh today), and tell secrets, and dance, and dream, and get promotions, and write, and draw, and fall in love.
I know it doesn’t seem like it. I know that you’re tired of this. But have faith. Things are getting better. Believe in humanity. We have come this far. We’re not gonna give up yet.
Today’s Quote of the Day: Believe in the Shield, bitch!